Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another Version of the Long Run Cake in Runner's World!



What fun to chat with Runner's World and talk running AND baking.  Two of my favorite things!  I revamped the Long Run Cake for the October issue.  Check it out for a great feature on marathon running chefs and so much more!

As requested, here's the Peanut Butter frosting that was left out of the magazine.

PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING FOR THE LONG RUN CAKE

for 12 (1 1/12 " x 3" mini loaf pans)

INGREDIENTS



(2) 8 oz. packages organic cream cheese frosting (room temperature)
1/4 cup agave syrup
1/4 cup creamy organic peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (optional)
pinch of salt

PROCEDURE

In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together all ingredients until smooth.  That's it!  

5 comments:

  1. I read the article about you in the Oct Runner's World and was very interested in the profile of you and your story. It's crazy but my mom has cancer also and a month and a half ago was admitted to hospice and I with my aunt are caring for her now. I also love to run and stay healthy and active so needless to say I feel a connected to your story. Thank you for sharing that. I only run 3 times a week and do 5K's but the focus of trying to keep your form right and being outdoors really provides a positive outlet. I felt the need to share this as I saw the article at a pertinent time but wanted to request the recipe you mention for curried lentil and chicken stew with kale and tomatoes. Will you please post your recipe for this? It sounds warming and divine. Thank you again for sharing your story and how the memory of your mother seems to continue to shape your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gesine, I just read your article in Runners World and ran out to get the ingredients of your long-run cake. I have my 17 miler tomorrow and have been feeling like I don't fuel properly before long runs! I love the cake! I loved your story as well. I'm training for my second marathon and this time am also raising money for the American Cancer Society.

    For some reason, I only got 6 mini loaves out of the recipe. I'm wondering what I might have done wrong? The taste is wonderful though and I can't wait to try it for my long run tomorrow. Best of luck with your next marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making the cakes now, but I can't find the PB icing recipe on Runnersworld.com...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great article! I run with my co-workers and want to take them some Long Run Cake on Friday morning. I really want to frost them, but when I click on the Runner's World link for the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Icing, it gives me an error message. Will you please post it? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mini loaf pans are TINY! They are actual mini loaf molds that are about 3 1/2" by 1 1/2 ". I've also added the PB frosting recipe here.

    ReplyDelete